Thursday, December 1, 2011

Holy mother of pink, it's Wollmeise socks!

It's time for more socks.
After the black man socks of November were done and bound off, I was craving color. Craving it *big time*.

For a lot of people, when it comes to fingering weight yarn in religiousness-inspiring colors, there is only one answer.
The gummybears-wielding wunderkind from the snowy south of Germany, the Wollmeise. Her shop is famous for being out-of-stock, her fans are known to rabidly stalk updates, meaning they actually hang around at their computers at a designated time of the week to snatch whatever skeins of gorgeous yarn go up that day. This is not the time to be picky.

I love me some crazy, so one day, I played along, too. And then I did it again. Because you know what? It's kind of fun to hang out in the Wollmeiseholics Ravelry group beforehand, speculating what might be in the shop, then once the page goes grey, the frenzy begins.
Once the site returns, you're lucky to snatch a skein or two (or ten, if you're a pro).

I'm lucky.

So I had this gorgeous pink, pink, PINK skein of Himbeere (raspberry), just begging to be excitement.

Not everyone thinks Wollmeise makes good socks, especially the 100% base, because they wear through quickly.
I don't care. I want glowing pink socks. With cably, twisty details.

So that's what I'm knitting. super-pink socks from the toe up to become Wendy Johnson's Bob and Weave socks. And I'm loving them, even though I'm not even past the toe decreases yet.
The best is yet to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment