Thursday, November 3, 2011

Fall Foliage Squared

Jared Flood's Turn a Square hat is one of those great classic patterns that will work on pretty much everyone.
I wanted to knit something for my dad that he would actually enjoy.
My dad is very fashion-conscious, and he doesn't use something out of politeness.
I wasn't sure how he'd feel about shawls, even bold, urbane ones like Stephen West's designs, so I figured I'd make him something small. A hat.
My dad and I both have a head for hats, and we have the same head size.
Easy, right?
I wanted something soft and non-scratchy. I wasn't sure how he'd feel about pure wool, so I went with this lovely brown tencel/acrylic blend and some baby-soft acrylic for the stripes.
I wanted autumnal colors to go with his coloring, something warm and bright but classy.
I couldn't be more pleased with the result.
You can see the jogless jog in the frontal picture. I think it's nice and subtle.
I hope dad likes his new little hat, because otherwise, I'll gladly take it back. ^_^



No comments:

Post a Comment