Friday, November 11, 2011

Another Crafty Bulbausaur Pumpkin

What?
I got a shipment of yarnies! Hooray!
They're from Another Crafty Girl, a name I'd heard buzzed about on podcasts and on blogs. And rightly so! Her colors are wonderfully rich, and now that I have some of her yarn in my hands, I can confirm that her base is squishy and smooth, just like I love it!
I got one of her Strong Socks and one Merino Sock, and they're both fab.

I admit, I bought Bulbasaur for the name. Who can resist a yarn dyed and named after a classic Pokemon? not me.

The other yarn is The Great Pumpkin, and it really reminds me of the most beautiful fall pumpkin.


They even look great together.
I don't have firm plans for these yarns yet, but I'm pretty sure the orange will become socks.
The Bulbasaur reminds me a bit of my Malabrigo, color-wise (except the Malabrigo Solis is really more blue, but from a distance, the two overall colors are very similar), and it's a good color for me, so it may become gloves or a hat.

Oooh, a Bulbasaur hat. now there's potential...

No comments:

Post a Comment