Saturday, October 29, 2011

Hexipuffs of October

Moda Vera Noir Laguna and Regia Kaffe Fassett

Look! Joined puffs! I read somewhere in the knitalong thread about knitting one puff onto the next to avoid having to seam them. I think it looks reasonably nice. I might just do that.
I'm not going to knit them all on to each other, but hey, any seam already done is one more I won't have to do later, right?
I've also aribtrarily decided that I won't just knit puffs from yarn that has already become socks (hello, addiction! I just can't wait that long!), and that I'm not going to have two puffs touching that are made from the same yarn base. Mainly becasue I've been using a lot of Moda Vera Noir, the Australian version of Regia, or at least that's what it feels like to me. It's a crunchy yarn. Some of the other yarns I've got are certainly nicer in feel. I've made a puff from 100% bamboo yarn and a few from bamboo/soy, but still, most of them are the wool/nylon yarns' you'd expect from sock yarns.


The vase is getting full, too. I might have to find a new storage space for my puffs soon!

How's your puffing going? Are you getting there? What's your favorite puff so far?
Do you puff and blog? Let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment