Sunday, June 24, 2012

Playing with colours



I love colours. I love yarn.
Combining the two is one of the great pleasures I'm discovering since I opened my sweet little Etsy shop. It's given me an opportunity to really assess what colours I like, how I like them, and how to translate this vision into something visible.

In a lot of ways, to me, dyeing is like writing. You start off with an idea, and you don't know if it's a good one. You start out. Sometimes, things go great. Often, you have to change tracks. Most of the time, you need to touch up and edit. And then eventually, you're done. Or done-ish, at least.
Then it's time to release your work into the wild and hope that others will love it as much as you do.

Which is why I love when you all tell me you love the yarn I dye for you, or share with me the projects you're thinking of making, or show me your wips.
It makes me feel like my little dreams in colour are growing up and gaining wings on your imagination. Like I'm part of your vision.
And that's a very special feeling.

No comments:

Post a Comment