Sunday, June 10, 2012

My Girl Robot Shawl

Yarn love.
Sometimes, a yarn comes along that so perfectly encapsulates what you need right at that moment. Then it's a matter of pairing it up with the perfect pattern and make something glorious.
With this Camp Loopy project 1, I have achieved the yarn, if not the pattern. It's Akimbo, by Stephen West.
It's a fine pattern, don't get me wrong. I'm just not excited by triangular patterns. They're kind of eh to wear for me.
But the yarn.
Ooooh, the yarn.
It's Madelinetosh Tosh Sock in the much-coveted Steam Age colorway. it's not only brilliantly named (who doesn't love a bit of steampunk romance?), it's also gorgeous. It's a complicated blend of purplish grey with blue and pink throughout. So gorgeous.
I've added some Malabrigo Finito in the Archangel color to the bottom. So wonderfully soft and luscious. it s a shame tha the yarn's softness gets lost in the edging, but I've got a bit left over to make something else. methinks some tiny wristers, perhaps?
Overall, I'm not madly, deeply in love with the end product, but it's turned into a wardrobe staple simply because the colors go perfectly with both me and many of my essentials. It's just fabulous with my Best Hoodie, which is a muted, cool yellow.



No comments:

Post a Comment