Saturday, February 4, 2012

Heartfelt Fail

 Sometimes, things knitted items look irresistably cute in the photo. So cute that you want to knit them, and knit them now.
Who cares if in the back of your mind, you know it's not really a brilliant idea? You *want* this latest thingamajig.

That's what it was like for me and the heartfelt rings. They're cute! They're small! They let me use up more of my feltable wool! You know, the one that I bought to make myself a felted bag.
Mhyeah...
These rings are quick to knit. Even though I had no idea what size I should be shooting for. So I made three, to see what would come out.
Then I tried felting them.
And felting them some more.
And boiling them, then dunking them in ice water.
Then tossing them in with the laundry.
I contemplated stomping on them, but let's face it, at the end of the day, they're still fat, squishy, kinda-felted tubes.
They sure look cute in photos though...


No comments:

Post a Comment