I love everything about these socks. The way the pattern turned out, the fit, the sheen, the feel of the yarn. So freaking soft and shiny and glorious.
I wasn't sure this was going to work at all. The bamboo yarn I used, Cleckheaton's Bamboo, is super soft and drapey, so maybe not the best choice for socks?
But the pattern came out crisp and clean, and the soft, silky yarn was a joy to work with.
The pattern is a Cookie A pattern, Baudelaire, which was first published in Knitty in 2006. It's the most complicated lace I've attempted yet, and it took me a while to get into it.
I'm very pleased with how it flowed once I got it.
There is a moment in every lace knitting where it just clicks. The stitches make sense and the inherent rhythm of the pattern makes everything flow along.
It took me three repeats along the foot to get it, but once I did, it was a joy.
It took me only a little over a week to knit these, and I'm very proud of that.
So far, they fit nice and snug, but I notice they tend to sag a little after a few hours. I haven't tried them in shoes yet.