Monday, June 20, 2011

Socks!

My first ever pair of socks! I feel so accomplished!
I used a tutorial pattern from Ravelry, and it was easy to follow.
This sock was knit cuff-down, which seems to be the default. I want to try toe-up next though! It sounds appealing.

I used Moda Vera Noir, a self-striping yarn, for this pair of socks, and they came out nice and kind of steampunky.
The fit is interesting, definitely different from commercial socks!
I really love the heel, the way the heel flap cups the heel.
usually, commercial socks are a little large for me. While these socks are certainly not a perfect fit, they fit much better than other socks I've had.
The only disappointment is that the ribbing isn't pulling in at all. in fact, it's rather loose and floppy. The sock stays up, but I think I need more ribbing next time.

Overall, socks are totally something I'll be knitting again.

No comments:

Post a Comment